Sunday, October 31, 2010

Knitting Update

Well, I threatened that I might do one of these!

I have very little self-control when it comes to buying yarn. This is why I have made up the following rule for myself:

I am not allowed to buy yarn unless I have finished a project.

This usually works pretty well. On the other hand, this rule does not say how much yarn I am "allowed" to buy upon project-completion. Earlier this week, I finished knitting a pair of fingerless gloves (taking less than one skein total), so that meant yesterday was yarn-buying day. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), is was also day-after-paycheck-day.

Four skeins of yarn later...

...I am about a third of the way into these, but in bright blue and green! I love them so much, even though the colorwork means that there are no "break" rows, where I don't have to pay attention to what I'm doing. TV knitting, this is not! I'll try to post pictures of something eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment