Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One True Biscuit

I have a new One True Biscuit.

For years and years I have been using The Tassajara Cookbook's biscuit recipe, and it's never ever risen properly-- I'd get decent-tasting, very flat biscuits. Within a few hours of baking, you could use them as hockey pucks.

No more, I tell you! To go along with tonight's breakfast-for-dinner (scrambled eggs and homemade sausage), I decided to try out a new biscuit recipe, from Alton Brown's Good Eats cookbook.

They are AWESOME. Fluffy, light, kinda squishy in the middle, and a great vehicle for all sorts of curds, jams, and honey. I'm not going to share the recipe, as it's from a cookbook, but needless to say, I have found my new One True Biscuit.

(We're still working on pictures, but lovely Temporary Housemate Sydni took some surely lovely photos!)

Anyone else out there have a One True Recipe that they feel like sharing?

No comments:

Post a Comment