Sunday, October 3, 2010

A little about me...

I am a 25-year-old middle school teacher who really enjoys cooking, knitting, and watching both sci-fi shows and procedurals. I have been threatening to start a food/cooking blog for the last few years, and, having finally decided on a title, decided to give it a shot. (The title, by the way, is a play on rosemary and rue, which is a bit from Shakespeare, and also unfortunately unavailable as a title.)

I do a lot of the actual cooking in my household (which currently consists of my younger brother, his wife, and three of our friends). I've recently discovered canning-- I put up a whole lot of tomato sauce and raspberry jam this summer!-- and hope to continue doing that this winter, in some form. I enjoy local foods, although I don't eat them exclusively, and will occasionally spend far too much money at the farmer's market. If you read this blog, you will probably hear quite a bit about my love for Thomas Keller, as well as my random experiments in more complex food preserving.

I am not a terribly skilled photographer-- it's one of the things that I've always been somewhat intimidated by, on other foodblogs, because it seems like one of the things One Ought to be Able to Do, if one is talking about food all the time.

While most of the posts to this blog will be about food, I will also be posting the occasional knitting and/or real-life update. If you have the inclination, you can check out my main knitting/crafting blog here-- I share it with a few other like-minded craftspeople.

No comments:

Post a Comment